Why wait days for your cheque to clear through the banking system when you could have the cash to spend today for a small fee?
How it works:
- Bring your cheque, proof of entitlement (the letter it came with, wage slip etc.) together with your ID.
- Our staff will carry out a number of checks before they can cash the cheque.
- If everything is OK we will pay you out for the cheque minus a small fee for cashing the cheque.
Here is what you need:
- You need to be over 18 years of age
- Proof of entitlement (the letter that came with the cheque, wage slip etc.)
- You’ll need to bring a minimum of two recent forms of ID, one photo ID, such as a passport or driving licence and another form of ID to confirm your address, such as a utility bill, council correspondence, bank statement etc. They must be dated within the last 12 weeks Please. click here for a full list of acceptable ID documents.
Cheques accepted include:
- Inland Revenue
- Insurance Claims and Surrendered Policies
- Building Society Cheques
- Utility (Gas, Water, Electricity) and Catalogue Refunds
- HM Paymaster General (payable orders)
- Grants (Student, Housing, etc.)
- Expenses re-imbursements
- Pension Payouts
- Local Authority (Council) Benefits
- Crossed Social Security Benefits
- Share Dividends and Windfall Cheques
- Lottery and Pools cheques
- Giro Cheques
- Crossed, A/C Payee and Non-Negotiable
If the type of cheque you have is not listed above, please bring it in so we can look at it, as there is a very good chance we can cash it.